Wednesday, March 15, 2006

Life's a Bitch...

... and then you work with one... or a few.

It's amazing to me. The Doors have a great song that I used to listen too, "People are Strange". What a song, and I don't need to really say it, but damn, the Doors were right, people are outright fucked up.

I'm getting regular attitude from the woman that works with me that was nice enough to set up a pseudo blind date between myself and her friend, saying that she's a nice person and I'm a nice guy, so why not try it.

Things have really soured with her. After a good relationship over the last year, this co-worker has gotten to the point where I really believe she feels I control this friend of hers and that somehow, bringing the two of us together may actually have been a mistake, regardless of how happy we may be with each other.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.usI just can't accept this that easily. The woman has no idea what she's doing these days. She's had in me a person that stood by her at work and related to her in a way no other guy at work did. I knew of intimate non-work related personal information that she shared with me that made the relationship at work somewhat special. I believed she was a real nice person and although we all have our faults, I could do nothing but wish her the best in everything she did and experienced. I was genuinely hurt by the fact that she lost a baby during pregnancy, a baby that I now think would not have enhanced her life the way she hoped, but I was sad for her and disappointed for her.

I'm at the point now though, that I don't care, I really don't. It's not that I want anything negative to happen to her. I still want the best for her, I know she deserves it, but I also know that I don't deserve some of the snotty, bitchy comments I've been putting up with over the last weeks/months.

Enough already, I've handled this very well, I think. I just don't have the time to cultivate a relationship she was used to having with me at work. I didn't change, she didn't change, but the situation changed. So now I'm having sex with her friend... GASP!! Two adults living their lives... how dare us. Secondly, I just don't have the time at work, since becoming part of the sales staff. Here's how it works out. If I do have the time to be "one of the girls" and chit chat all the time, that probably means I'm not selling anything, which as a commissioned sales person, would be shooting myself in the foot. Right?

Hell with that...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home