Sunday, March 19, 2006

The Usurper I Am

Kids are loud and unfocused, there's no doubt about it, and it's just kids being kids. It's weird for me to try and watch a movie with too many kids in a room, they just seem to set each other off every other minute, and really, what can you do?

image hosting by imagevenue.comI get a strange sense when I visit with my girlfriend's sister's house. There is a little girl there that I absolutely adore, she's on par with my girlfriend's own kids, the kind of little girl I just like to watch for hours on end. Cute, Cute, Cute, is all I can say.

What bothers me a little though, is that I sometimes feel I'm stepping on daddy's toes in the way I interact with her. Everytime she cries after getting smacked in the face, hair pulled, knocked down by one of the other kids, there is a greater chance that she will end up in my arms than her dad's. I know that she's his favourite of the children and sometimes I feel like I'm catching a look on his face, an unhappy look. Last time I was there, daddy needed to discipline her and spanked her butt and the kid comes running across the room with her arms held out wanting me to hold her, and what did I do? I picked her up. Dumb move I know. But I put her down as quickly as I could.

I don't know the man as well as I know everyone else in the family, he doesn't really let himself be known, or maybe there really isn't much else to know, but I don't want him coming around someday and saying that I'm usurping his daughter, but maybe I am... haha.

So today is the day i can catch up on my Howard Stern listening. It's a pain to be as far behind as I've been.

Links:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home