Wednesday, April 19, 2006

Fighting Communism In The Workplace

Yesterday I found a new sign up in our kitchen. I read it and realized that the public sign guidelines weren't being followed. There was way too much BITCH to it. So being the responsible co-worker I am, I decided this sign needed to be taken down.

I'm all for signs at work when it's necessary. I've made some signs myself, but I always take care to make sure the sign doesn't insult someone's intelligence or single someone out. Well... a few times I made specific references to co-worker Paul and his craziness, inability to shut up or clean up after himself.

So today, I came in and the sign was back. I thought, "shall I take the sign down again?" Naw... I just took my sharpie and edited out the BITCH comment. "Last time we looked, we didn't hire a maid".


I will wait and see what Patty has to say about it now. Sometimes people really get all hoidy toidy about the public space at work. Again, I don't mind the message behind the sign, I just think in this world and workplace filled with bitchy attitude, I don't need to see it every time I go and have a drink of water.

UPDATE: Well, it seems the bitches are talking about "someone" being childish. lol.

Links:

1 Comments:

Blogger Amy Ruiz Fritz said...

A kitchen in an office is a double edged sword. It's useful, but always a source of pain for someone.

Our office microwave is totally gnarly. I don't think it's been cleaned in a good 3 years. No one seems to mind though.

3:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home