Sunday, April 30, 2006

Weekend For The Parks Pt.1

I didn't think much this weekend. I should have realized what I was getting myself into. My mother was having her boyfriend over at the house for his birthday dinner. I knew this was the case, but still I didn't even think about getting him a present or a card or anything and I must admit, when the time came to blow out the candles, I felt a little awkward about it.

My mother pulled one of her classic moves consisting of wrapping up something she had taking up space somewhere in the house and offering it as a gift on my behalf. Hey, it was cheesy and still didn't alleviate the awkwardness but at least it was something. What did make me feel a little better is that the guy didn't really care for a gift and claimed he doesn't really give gifts, which is all the better for when my birthday comes around. I wouldn't want him to get me anything and affirm my "tool" label.

So let me concentrate on the highlight of the weekend. I had a great, although evil, 580 calorie banana cream pie blizzard at Dairy Queen. Wow, that was good, but now I feel fat. haha.

The other highlight was spending some time with the kids at the park and scoring some good pictures. Getting good pictures is always the cherry on top of... ummm, the banana cream pie blizzard. Shit. That's twice during this post I thought about that. Uh oh.

Anyways:


Posted by Picasa

Links:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home