Tuesday, March 21, 2006

2 Weeks

I'm having a hard time with school. Something I never needed to say before, unless I was dealing with that damnable Mr. Augustine from my grade 10, 10, 10 science class. That's right, the only class I repeated. I thought I was making a point against my school's hiring practices. A Pakistani teacher that barely spoke English was in no position to teach, he trust me, he was up there with the worst of the teachers I've ever had. The guy would come in, take attendance and just write on the board "Answer questions 1-15 on page 'blah, blah, blah'...". Then he would just sit there and see who would actually go through the exercise.

I was thoroughly bored, thus nothing was answered on my part. Oddly enough, only trying when it came to tests almost got me the credit anyway, but I'm sure on some level, that bastard wouldn't let me move on from his class, simply because I refused to do the work he assigned, not that I didn't already have the knowledge required to never see his rat face again.

Now things are different. Of course I volunteered for what I'm going through now. I signed myself up for the proverbial torture I feel these days. It's what it takes to feel like you have a future, I gather.

Classes at my age are different. Imagine you are a person taking a course on a subject you already have a passion for or have a good understanding of. Why would you take such a course? Because the industry that hires people with that kind of knowledge has no way of differenciating a poindexter from a whole in the ground. Everyone filling out an application looks the same. Prove to them you know something Habib.

So here I am, at school writing this before my second last test. I can't bring myself to opening a book and studying. Completely opposite of what I thought just a month ago, now I feel that studying this subject isn't even worth it. What matters is the exam, the certification. That's all anyone cares about.

I need a break, that's for sure. I don't think I can take another 2 months of twice a week night classes. I just have too much going on. Who can handle this kind of thing? Unless you are in a desperate place in life, where this is the way out, you shouldn't drive yourself off the deep end this way. I will take time off, I believe. I was hoping to finish all my certifications before the end of the summer, but the way I see it, it may take another year to get it all done. What? Still in school at the age of 30? Argh.

Should have passed that damn 10th grade science the first time around!

edit: got a 60% on this test without studying.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.usLinks:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home