Sunday, June 25, 2006

The Wassaga Beach Day

A day at the beach. It was a long time in the cards and finally arrived.

Now. As is standard with me, something isn't right. Sunny day, nice cool breeze, very good traffic and driving day, nice fresh sandwiches and nice cool drinks.

So what isn't right? I suppose I didn't sleep well enough, maybe I was in a bad mood, maybe, as is the case with me, it just wasn't my day. I wouldn't say that I had a horrible time at all. It was ok with me, potentially nice relaxing day, but for whatever reason, I couldn't really get to the relaxing stage.

There is one thing I've noticed before, and I tried to just put aside in an attempt to comply with the proceedings.

When I first started dating my girlfriend, anytime we were out doing something, as a family or as a couple, the way she would talk to me was with a tender caring voice. Not sickening sweet, but just nice. These days, in the same situation, I find myself playing a part, the part of Kelly to her Ruby.

Kelly is married to Ruby, who is my girlfriend's sister and I won't go into great detail here, but their relationship is not as happy and stable as we would all want, but they try, and that's worthy of a mention. Kelly is a nice guy, but has momentary lapses in judgment. It appears from time to time, he gets in trouble with Ruby, by the way he forgets to get her something, or the way he treats the kids or just plain doing something she feels is stupid. I've heard the tone of voice plenty of times, with as much time as I spend with them.

Why do I get the same tone from my girlfriend?




Posted by Picasa

Links:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home