Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Move In Date

When do two people decide to live with each other? When do people feel they are ready to put up with the little annoying things each other do, the things that will drive them nuts until they are just numb to the whole experience?

My mother is bringing up the subject now, out of nowhere. Maybe it's that I've been dating for a year or something. It's strange, when you are 18 and dating, a year is nowhere near the time to start thinking about sharing personal space with someone else, but all of a sudden, when you are approaching 30, the concept of time completely changes.

My girlfriend feels that I'm being pushed out the door, but I don't think this is the case. My mother is nutty enough to do anything of course, but in this case, I don't think it's happening.

I admit I have thought about what life would be like with someone else around and with the kids. I really did enjoy it before, although that experiment only lasted 2 months, but I enjoyed the sharing of everyday tasks and responsibilities. It felt like I was a part of something.

I haven't really wanted to make that move now though, I don't want to rush anything in any way. Anything worth my time is worth waiting for, and I'm hoping for the best in this situation. I wouldn't want to put pressure on anything and of course I don't deal well with pressure myself. I like to think my relationship is open enough to handle waiting and being sure of what is best for everyone involved.

I do want it to happen in the future, and I think it will be real good, but for now, things are cool.

Links:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home